Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Reader Recap

The last week or so has been a little busy-ish. I've been taking a lot of vacation days from work. I had a picnic for my knitting group to organize (Picknit!), I attended the Seattle Mariners Stitch'n Pitch, helped a friend clean her house, went for a really long walk, and drank a lot of coffee at my favorite coffee shop. Reading, hours and hours and hours of reading as well. I also spent two days taking an advanced Excel class for work which was pretty cool. All of this meant that last week I only worked 2 days and since I read my Google Reader almost exclusively at work, I had a lot of catching up to do this week. Oh, how I suffer.

So, since my camera is Officially Dead (craaaaaaaap) and there was so much good reading going on, here's a few of my favorites from the last week and a bit. There will be seven as that is my lucky number and this post will have to stop somewhere or else I'd just post everything I have starred in Google Reader and there are no words to accurately explain the volume of posts in there.

1. I could eat shortbread until I throw up in order to make room for more shortbread, and this rosewater shortbread just encourages that kind of behavior. (from have cake, will travel!)

2. Don't know if I'll get around to making it, but this is the cutest salad I've ever seen. (from Show Me Vegan)

3. I made this ridiculously good potato salad and was sad when it was over. It brings new meaning to the word "tangy". I subbed in fresh rosemary and green onions for the fresh dill and capers, though. But the idea of sour cream instead of mayo is pure genius. (from Vegan.Chicks.Rock)

4. I can't wait for this book to come out! Queering Animal Liberation. I hope it's even half as interesting as it sounds.

5. Even though I'm not that experienced with curry or plantains, I think the best course of action is to make Curried Plantains, and very soon. (from Bitchin' Vegan Kitchen)

6. Happyveganface has been making some really delicious-looking salads like this one with bulghur (which I've never tried) and the summertime orzo salad. I just recently found this blog and I've really been missing out!

7. Lastly, frozen peaches are just really, really pretty. (again from have cake, will travel!)

So that's what's kept me motivated and feeding my love affair with both food and the vegan blogosphere in general. The camera thing is a minor setback, but it'll get worked out and I kind of like doing these breakdowns, so don't expect this to be the last one. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your camera. you need to bake yourself some shortbread to make up for the loss, by golly!

Ms.B said...

I should! But I think I will wait until it stops being 95 degrees here in Seattle. :)